Deadline: May 20 2022
The ANU Australian Studies Institute (AuSI) Visiting Fellowship Program brings together early and mid-career researchers to conduct innovative research that promotes the study of Australia or transnational and comparative research involving Australia. Applications from academics working in any discipline(s) at an Australian or overseas institution are welcome.
The Visiting Fellowship Program aims to attract emerging and mid-career researchers and policy makers to undertake innovative research whilst contributing to the collegial research culture across ANU to improve the research profile and excellence of AuSI. This may include collaborating with ANU academics, presenting seminars or guest lectures and attending AuSI events such as the Visiting Fellows Dinner.
Value and Benefits
Each Visiting Fellow will be provided with:
- AUD$5,000 (domestic-based) and AUD$9,000 (international-based) maximum allowance in costs towards economy-class travel and accommodation;
- An ANU office space with computer and printing facilities;
- ANU Library borrowing privileges;
- Access to ANU facilities and events.
- Applicants must have at least a higher degree or equivalent professional experience, research and publications.
- Institutional affiliation to a University or equivalent research or cultural organisation is required.
- Fellowships are for early to mid-career academics (as a guide, this can be considered equivalent ANU Level B – D)
- Fellowships are open to Australian (non-ANU) and international researchers.
ANU values equity and diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunity for all.
There are currently two fellowship periods open:
- July – December 2022
- February – July 2023
The minimum fellowship period is 30 days and the maximum period is 60 days.
Number of Fellows
The number of Fellowships awarded will depend on the quality of the applicants. Up to 10 Fellowships in total will be awarded for July – December 2022 and February – July 2023. The selection committee reserves the right to vary this as needed, if funding allows.
Please email your completed application, with all supporting documents to director.ausi[at]anu.edu.au by midnight (AEST) 20 May 2022. Decisions will be announced end of May 2022.