Queensland College of Art, Griffith University, Gold Coast (Southport)
6 – 8 December 2023
The Conference Committee invites proposals for panels for the AAANZ conference, to be hosted by Griffith University, Gold Coast Campus, Wednesday 6 to Friday 8 December 2023.
Deadline 28 April 2023
The AAANZ Annual Conference for 2023 is in person again! We look forward to receiving panel proposals on all art and art historical topics.
Keynotes are Aruna d’Souza and Hanneke Grootenboer
Who should apply?
Proposals are welcome from academics, independent scholars and researchers, curators and arts sector researchers, and PhD students. All conference participants will need to be AAANZ members at the time of the conference.
How to apply?
The online application form will ask you to provide:
- Panel Convenors contact details
- A panel proposal (250 words) that describes the theme and topics of the panel
- Panels are usually 90 minutes with 30 minutes for questions and discussion
- A standard panel has 3 speakers, each delivering a paper of 20 minutes
- Alternative formats are possible, such as roundtable discussions, PechaKucha etc
We will notify all panel proposers of the outcome of their submission in late May.
In May, the Committee will publish all successful Panel Proposals. Individuals will then be invited to submit paper proposals directly to Panel Convenors.
Panel Convenors should confirm their full panel participants, including verification of each participants’ AAANZ membership, by June.
See submission details on the website: https://aaanz.info/2023-conference/